Fullt navn: Gabriel Fernando de Jesus

Fødselsdato: 3/4-1997

Fødselsted: Sao Paulo, Brasil 

Høyde: 175(Transfermarkt) 

Draktnummer: 9

Posisjon: Spiss, høyreving, venstreving

Tidligere klubber: Palmeiras, Manchester City

Velkommen!

“I’m a number nine,” said Jesus, when asked what Arteta had said to him about where he will play for Arsenal. “I’m a striker and I thank God every day that I can be alive, and that I can play in three or four different positions - but I think my position is nine."

“I followed Arsenal when I was young because of [Thierry] Henry. Obviously I didn’t follow too many European teams but when I saw some of the players that played here, I was like: ‘Wow, this club is big’. I’m so happy to sign for this big club. Since day one when I knew I could come to play for Arsenal, I was happy.”

“We spoke a couple of times about the club, the players, the project and the future,” said Jesus. “I believe 100 per cent in Mikel. I had a very good time with him before, he’s a very good guy and a very good coach as well."

“He helped me a lot [at Manchester City]. We would always stick together after the training sessions and do some finishing or something. He’s a very intelligent guy and was an amazing player, so if he knows something he can teach me or the young players.”

• 3 weeks later...