Charlie George - The man, the myth and the legend!

Chaz

Dette er plukket fra et annet Arsenal board, og det viser til fulle hva en mann som Charlie George betyr for klubben, og ikke minst hva Arsenal betyr for Charlie George!!!

I’ve seen various comments below regarding the loyalty of our players and how much they ‘love’ the club

Yesterday I met Charlie George (on a legends tour) and I have to say that if you think you love this club you are second best. This man bleeds for the club.

He don’t get paid 80 grand a week either.

Amenable, knowledgeable and talkative to the point of being a comedian. Charlie just reeks of Arsenal

Through every comment, every step through the halls and hallowed places he utterly lives it. Fantastic to feel that a man, albeit a legend, can still muster such unconditional love for the place , the people and everything it means.

When pointing out where he used to stand on the North Bank and talking about how he was scouted and ended up here he was almost in tears.

He must tell that story three six times a week but it still gets to him

He still musters passion when talking about how those “Russian led bastards will never be our guvnors” (word for word) “as we showed them last night” and throughout could not bring himself to mention the Spuds only as “that lot from up the road” and laughed gleefully when saying they “that lot up the road never have a f**king chance of winning the league”

Red to the very core 30 years after his glory and more Arsenal now than ever

I know things are different now but some of these jumped up rich boys wearing our shirts right now ought maybe to go, on a legends tour as well - they might even learn something about this club as Charlie ses “ there’s only one Arsenal “

Legend

Mannen med det tynne håret og de store brillene er rett og slett magisk! Han felte nok en tåre i går, han også! Luv `ya Charlie, just luv `ya!!! :D :D :D

Guest Magnus

Charlie George

- Begavet spelar, men kva skjedde?

Som dei fleste veit, var Charlie George ei legende i Arsenal. Han var ein enorm favoritt blant fansen, og var jentenes yndling. Men, bortsett frå cup-finalen i 1971, var Charlie George SÅ god? Klart, dette var lenge før mi tid, men eg sit med ein følelse av at Charlie George aldri blei så god som han kunne ha blitt. Einig? Kva gjorde at han ikkje vart ein større spelar? For talentet hadde han, det skal vere sikkert og visst.....

Vi hadde allerede en tråd om Charlie her.

Innlegg limt inn.

Mod

Han var en viktig grunn til at mitt kjærlighetsforhold til Arsenal virkelig tok av! For en fantastisk personlighet, og naturligvis en 'udødelig' legende i klubben! Bildene med Charlie liggende på Wembley-matta med armene ut til siden etter å ha scoret seiersmålet i 71 er like godt etset inn som kollbøttene til Thomas for 16 år siden! :D

Total commitment! :D :D

Han var en viktig grunn til at mitt kjærlighetsforhold til Arsenal virkelig tok av! For en fantastisk personlighet, og naturligvis en 'udødelig' legende i klubben! Bildene med Charlie liggende på Wembley-matta med armene ut til siden etter å ha scoret seiersmålet i 71 er like godt etset inn som kollbøttene til Thomas for 16 år siden!  :P

Total commitment!  :angry:  ;)

10117[/snapback]

Det sitter ennå som klistret hos meg og og det var i 71!

Charlie George er en fargerik klatt og en spiller som var

Konge på Highbury!

• 6 years later...

Var på Buktafestivalen i helga og der hadde alle ID-kortene til de frivillige bilde av Charlie George på baksiden. Ingen som ante hvorfor, men uansett en fornøyelig overaskelse. Muligens noen her på forumet som vet? :)

Archived