Yago Fernandes

pacman

Arsenal are reportedly set to pip Liverpool to the signature of Valencia's promising defender Yago Fernandez.

The Portuguese defender is believed to be available for a knock-down price of just £100,000 as he is only on an amateur contract with their B team.

Reds boss Rafa Benitez had been tracking the Portugal Under 19 stopper, but Arsene Wenger's ability to work with youngsters has tipped the scales in Arsenal's favour.

Fernandez has seen the likes of Cesc Fabregas snapped up from Liga giants Barcelona to being given a chance to shine in England's top-flight despite his tender age.

With the prospect of first-team football on the horizon for Fernandez, he has opted against signing a professional deal in Spain to move to the Premiership.

"This is the biggest opportunity of my life," he is quoted in the Daily Mirror.

"I know Wenger works with young players and I will have more chance at Arsenal

høres ut som ett typisk wenger kjøp

Fantastisk! Noken som har sett han spele?

Håper han er meget hodesterk, rask, taklingssterk og ein god "markør" <_<

No veit ikkje eg kas side som er særiøs eller ikkje, men håpa virkelig dette rykte er sant. ;)

kor gammal e han? ;)

Har faktisk aldri sitt han spille, men men ;) <_<

Ingen vet foreløpig. Kun rykter om at vi har klart å sikre oss han. At Wenger i såfall har avvist det behøver jo ikke bety noe. Ettersom Yago er ønsket av flere klubber som f.eks Liverpool så kan jo det være litt av grunnen i såfall.

Vi får vente og se hva som skjer :(

Archived