Kevin Nolan

pacman

Bolton captain Kevin Nolan says that he is unaffected by speculation linking him with some of The Premiership's biggest names.

Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham are all rumoured to be interested in the 24-year-old after he enjoyed a thoroughly successful campaign last year.

"It doesn't bother me," Nolan said.

"It only affects me when my mum comes in and says 'are you moving to Manchester United?'

"I think she's starting to believe the papers now, so I'll have to explain that it's just a way of filling them up."

Such an exemplary season in Wanderers' midfield was widely expected to be rewarded with a place in England's World Cup squad this summer, but Nolan says he was not bitter about staying at home.

"I can honestly say I did not once wish I was there," he said.

"I had a brilliant summer with my missus and a few of the lads, so it never entered my mind.

"I just enjoyed watching the World Cup. It's something you have to enjoy. It was a fantastic occasion."

With Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard seemingly first choice in the centre of the England midfield, and with Owen Hargreaves and Michael Carrick as back-up, it appears that breaking into Steve McClaren's squad may be a difficult task, but that does not rule out Nolan's international chances.

Nolan is eligible to play for the Republic of Ireland thanks to his grandparents, and it is an avenue that he is willing to discuss with manager Steve Staunton.

"I've spoken to Steve a couple of times," he revealed.

"He has been to watch some of our matches, although he was obviously watching Joey [O'Brien] too.

"But it's something we've chatted about, and something we will have to discuss

Dæven steike. Det her er en spiller jeg vil se i Arsenal. Tviler på at det er sannhet i disse ryktene, for jeg er redd han kommer til å bli priset temmelig høyt...

Nolan har toppet ønskelista mi lenge. En spiller som er fullt på høyde med Lampard og Gerrard etter min mening. Har hatt noen svært gode sesonger nå. Scorer mye mål, jobber bra offensivt og defensivt, er duellsterk og akkurat den typen vi kunne trengt på midten! Bring him too Emirates!

• 2 weeks later...

Noen som veit hvor lenge Nolan har igjen av kontrakten sin? Det har ganske mye å si for prisen og om det er mulig å få han vekk fra den ekle klubben. Nolan og Fabregas ville vært et bra par på midten når Gilberto trenger hvile eller er skada.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived