Brazilian starlet Zezinho

pacman

Gunners close on Samba starlet

Arsenal are set to conclude a deal for Brazilian starlet Zezinho, according to his agent.

The 17-year-old midfielder has already spent time on trial with the North London giants, and has also attracted interest from Liverpool.

But Arsenal now look set to have won the race for his signature after opening talks with his club Juventude.

Reports claim that Arsenal have already had bids of £1.6million and £2.7million rejected with the club believed to be looking for closer to £7million.

However, a deal around £5million looks likely with the Brazilian Under-17 international moving to England in January.

"Arsenal want to close the deal with Juventude this month, who look set to accept," his agent Augusto Nogueira is quoted by Brazilian newspaper Zero Hora.

The player himself has also spoken of the impending move and claimed he has finished his career with Juventude.

"My time at Juventude ended on Saturday," Zezinho said.

"Until now, I thought that I would continue, but my agent said that it is impossible.

"He told me that Arsenal will submit a new offer to Juventude - the third in a year, it seems - and this time it will be solved.

"I don't know about any other interested team. The only proposal is from Arsenal, the others were for trials."

skysports. vet lite om han men håper han er en ving med fart og driblefedigheter

Archived