Cesar Villaluz

Oskar16

Arsenal have been taking note of Mexican starlet Cesar Villaluz's performances at the Fifa Under 20 World Cup in Canada.

The central midfielder has impressed en route to Mexico reaching the knockout phase and reports claim Arsenal have shown an interest.

Villaluz, who currently plays for Cruz Azul, is unaware of the link and is trying to focus on helping his country to win the tournament.

"I don't know if what has been said about Arsenal is true in the last days as nobody has said anything to me, most of all my agent," Villaluz told Medio Tiempo.

"So I prefer, for the moment, to keep my mind on the Under 20 national team.

"Obviously it's very important for me if there are scouts from teams like Arsenal watching me, but I really don't know anything.

"It's good and motivating, but my agent is the person in charge to handle those things. He does the work outside the pitch and I have to try to keep on doing the best on the pitch so important teams keep on watching me.

"If I keep on playing well that will give my agent more options and he will know what to do.

"Personally I only want to think of the national team and I will only talk again about this topic if my agent tells me something."

Vet ikke helt om vi trenger en ny sentral midtbanespiller... :P

Archived