Miguel Veloso

pacman

Portuguese starlet Miguel Veloso admits he would like to follow compatriots Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani to England.

The Sporting Lisbon star, who is at home in both central defence and midfield, is one of the few Portugal players to show some form in their current European Under-21 Championship.

Arsenal chief Arsene Wenger is said to be monitoring Veloso very closely, with Manchester United also thought to be well aware of the talented 21-year-old.

"I am happy with Sporting but I am young, ambitious and want to progress in my career," Veloso said.

"The exit of Nani for Manchester United has confirmed to me that there is a lot of quality in England and for any young player the Premier League is an attractive proposition."

Veloso's agent Paulo Barbosa confirmed the interest in his young charge, but he admitted Sporting have the total say-so on the player's future.

"There are some big European clubs in for the kid, but not only clubs from England but also Spain - but the subject is exclusively for Sporting," Barbosa said.

"Veloso has a deal signed until June 2013 and club is not willing to negotiate his exit."

Meanwhile, another player from the Under-21 Championship that is attracting Wenger is Dutch starlet Ryan Babel.

The Ajax striker has been attracting the interest of a number of English clubs, but Arsenal are now reportedly keen to pay £6 million - which is believed to be his release clause.

Newcastle are another Premiership team interested in Babel and the two clubs are also competing for the signature of Auxerre full-back Bakari Sagna.

Sam Allardyce is understood to be a big fan of the 24-year-old, but reports claim that Sagna would rather switch to North London.

kansje erstatter for flamini?? eller pisspreik?? hvem vet

kanskje det kanskje det..Flamini tror eg ikke blir noen hit, selv om den unge fyren fortsatt er ung og Veloso er sikkert et godt alternativ, men egentlig tror eg at vi har god nok midtbane.

Archived