Grisen Phil Neal - rampen Phil Neal.

Safe Hands

25 år har gått siden Bjørge Lillelien toppet Norges seier over England, med tidenes kommentator-prestasjon.

Canal Plus markerte dette ved å invitere "Grisen Phil Neal" til Norge.

Dog, ikke alle i og rundt fotballen har taleevne som Bjørge. Dette er tråden for de som kanskje burde latt fotballen "do the talking".

Her er noen av mine favoritter:

"It was a game we should have won. We lost it because we thought we were going to win it. But then again, I thought that there was no way we were going to get a result there." - Jack Charlton

"If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day." - NEVILLE SOUTHALL

"If you stand still there is only one way to go, and that's backwards." - PETER SHILTON

"An inch or two either side of the post and that would have been a goal."-

DAVE BASSETT

"Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today." - STEVE LOMAS

"I faxed a transfer request to the club at the beginning of the week, but let me state that I don't want to leave Leicester." - STAN COLLYMORE

"She (Eileen Drewery) gives the players a shoulder to talk to." - NEIL WEBB

"It was that game that put the Everton ship back on the road." -

ALAN GREEN

"Celtic were at one time nine points ahead, but somewhere along the road, their ship went off the rails." -

RICHARD PARK

Noen velvalgte ord fra våre egne:

"What's it like being in Bethlehem, the place where Christmas began? I suppose it's like seeing Ian Wright at Arsenal...." - BRUCE RIOCH

"Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match." - IAN WRIGHT

"The manager has given us unbelievable belief." - PAUL MERSON

Og til slutt noen mindre velvalgte:

'When a player gets to 30, so does his body.' - Glenn Hoddle

'He was a player that hasn't had to use his legs even when he was nineteen years of age because his first two yards were in his head.'

- Glenn Hoddle

'I have a number of alternatives, and each one gives me something different.' - Glenn Hoddle

'If you can't stand the heat in the dressing room, get out of the kitchen.'

- Terry Venables

'There's no in between - you're either good or bad. We were in between.' - GARY LINEKER

'I was surprised, but I always say nothing surprises me in football.' - LES FERDINAND

'Maybe the mistakes have looked worse because they led to goals.' - IAN WALKER

'I can't even remember when the Seventies was.' - ROBBIE KEANE

Steve Perryman får oppsummere: 'I was disappointed to leave Spurs, but quite pleased that I did.'

Archived