Matt Jarvis

pacman

Jepson wants Jarvis to stay

19-10-2006 13:03

Gillingham boss Ronnie Jepson says he wants Matt Jarvis to sign a new contract at the Priestfield following reported interest from Spurs and Arsenal.

Since making his debut as 17-year-old, the exciting young attacker has progressed rapidly, and is fast emerging as one of the most talented players outside the top flight.

Jarvis has hit five goals this term, and can play in a number of positions across the midfield and in attack, which appears to have caught the eye of the Premiership scouts.

Jepson is now hoping the player will extend his stay with the Kent club, and end the speculation surrounding his future.

"As fas as I'm concerned I'd like to see Matty Jarvis here for a long long time," Jepson told the club official website.

"Not just as a player, but as a lad as well, he's a credit to himself and his family, how he conducts himself on and around the ground, on the training ground, and he always gives you 110 percent on the pitch. He's the type of lad I want to keep here, not to sell.

"Matty still gets plent of the ball, he gets in those little holes, and he'll cause teams problems," he added.

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=295440

Archived