Mart Poom

Dr. Phil

Mart Poom har nå signert en permanent avtale med The Gunners.

Mart Poom signs a permanent deal with Arsenal

Arsenal have on Monday signed Estonian international goalkeeper Mart Poom on a permanent contract.

Poom, 33, initially came to Highbury on loan from Sunderland in August but has now completed a permanent move to the Gunners.

The keeper, who has won over 100 caps for his country, also has vast experience of English football, playing over 200 times for Derby County and Sunderland since he joined The Rams in 1997.

Voted Estonian Footballer of the Year six times, Poom has yet to play for the Arsenal first team, but has featured four times for the Reserves this season.

Poom said: “I’m delighted to have signed a permanent deal with Arsenal and am really pleased that Arsène Wenger and the coaches at the Club have shown faith in me.

"I’m really enjoying it here at Arsenal and will continue to work hard in training, so that I am ready to hopefully feature in the first team in the near future.”

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Med andre ord er Mart Poom meir enn tilfreds med å vere tredjekeeper og tjene bra med pengar, mot at han viser eit profesjonelt vesen på trening, og er eit eksempel for våre yngre målvakter.

37027[/snapback]

Så. så... kanskje ikke det er så dumt dersom Almunia forsvinner til sommeren? Mannen har erfaring, og vi må ha to erfarne keepere i stallen! :D

Archived