20072008 River Plate
20082011 Udinese
2011 Barcelona

Ungdomsklubber:

20042005 Cobreloa

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utrolig deilig å endelig få denne signeringen på plass! Det har jo vært et sant helvete å lese diverse ryktespalter de siste ukene.

Dette skal uten tvil være et knallkjøp av Wenger. Historikken han bare fra fjorårssesongen taler på en meget overbevisende måte. Nå håper vi Wenger fortsetter å forsterke på de riktige plassene i laget. Bakover er det i alle fall noen utfordringer; høyreback, TV5 og reservekeeper.

Gleder meg plutselig enda mer til sesongstart :D

Fantastisk deilig! Gleder meg nå som en unge :)

Fikk nummer 17 forresten.

Monreal på vei ut eller får han nummer 13 mon tro?

Ellers: Fantastisk! Mesut Özil fra Real Madrid i 2013 og Alexis Sanchez fra Barcelona i 2014. Herlige greier! Velkommen skal du være Sanchez!

Monreal på vei ut eller får han nummer 13 mon tro?

Ellers: Fantastisk! Mesut Özil fra Real Madrid i 2013 og Alexis Sanchez fra Barcelona i 2014. Herlige greier! Velkommen skal du være Sanchez!

Monreal har fått nummer 18, så han blir.

Jøss, klarte vi virkelig å hente inn en klassespiller som Sanchez, selv om vi har vært linket til Debuchy? Trodde ikke det var mulig å kjøre forhandlinger på flere spillere samtidig jeg,

Herlig signering, tror at denne signeringen alene(sammen med Theo tilbake til skade) er nok for det offensive arsenalet vårt i sommer, nå trenger vi et fjerdevalg på stopperplass(Gjerne en unggutt eller en mer rutinert spiller som ikke koster så mye), en reservekeeper(gjerne en rutinert ringrev som ikke koster for mye) og så legge pengene våre i en HB og en midtbanespiller med defensive fibre.

• 2 weeks later...

Alexis Sanchez hasn’t always had it easy. The Chile World Cup star, who recently completed his £30 million move to Arsenal, had to earn money any way he could from a very young age.

In an interview with The Sun on Sunday, Sanchez’s brother, Humberto, revealed he had to earn a living from the age of six and would do acrobatics in the street for money to buy food.

Humberto said: “Alexis had nothing when growing up. He had to fight for everything he has.

“We were the poorest of the poor so Alexis had to earn money any way he could from a very young age. He would wash cars for a few pence or perform somersaults for a handful of coins from onlookers.

“He was like a little gymnast, hurling himself all over the place.

“The neighbours would give him a few coins for entertaining them. Sometimes he was so hungry he would knock on neighbours’ doors and ask for bread. They would always give him what they had spare. The people in our neighbourhood know to look after each other.

“On occasions Alexis would box in the street for entertainment. He loves boxing. Someone had an old pair of gloves and he’d put them on and fight another young lad. Then the neighbours would give him a little for his troubles.

“It was a tough life growing up. He was never like some pampered players you hear about.

“His poor background is what makes him so hungry to succeed on the pitch. He knows how lucky he is to be where he is and never forgets where he comes from.”

Sanchez grew up in a single-storey house with sisters Marjorie, 32, Tamara, 17, and Humberto. His father, who was a miner, left when Alexis was a toddler and his mum Martina raised her children with the help of her sister’s husband.

Humberto says his poor background ‘is what makes him so hungry to succeed on the pitch’.

But what happened next is incredible. He was first spotted by Club Arauco’s youth school team coach Alberto Toledo, and although he couldn’t pay the fees, they let him off because ‘he was so good’.

“It was obvious the kid had talent, speed, strength, a great shot and a footballing brain.

“I spoke to his mum and persuaded her to let him train at the school.

“They couldn’t afford the 1,000 pesos (£1) monthly fee. He was so good we had to let him off. He didn’t have any boots but after seeing him play, the mayor gave him his first pair. He was wide-eyed with excitement.”

Pal Paulo Leyton remembers one very special performance from Alexis.

“One match he arrived late and we were a goal down. He banged in eight and we won the match. He was that good.”

Sanchez’s journey continued with a move to Cobreloa, followed by a move to Argentina with River Plate, then Italian side Udinese before making the move to Barcelona. A dream come true.

And he doesn’t forget his home roots. Last Christmas he went back to his home town to give out sweets and football shirts to poor children. He has also donated £160,000 to help restore five small youth football pitches.

What a journey he has had.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived